~Notes of Queen Anne's County from the Centreville Record January 1923~
submitted by Trish Surles
In 1811 Nathan Jackson's tavern is spoken of in the levy court record as Robinson's Old Tavern. It was situated at the intersection of the road from Holliday's with the post road to Church Hill.
In 1812 Samuel Denny has an ordinary at Hall's Cross Road.
In 1814 a license was granted to John Wright to keep an ordinary at Kent Narrows.
Cleaves' Tavern stood in 1812 somewhere in the vicinity of Beaverdam Causeway
In 1825 John K.B. Emory of Queen Anne's county was treasurer of the Eastern Shore of Maryland.
In 1803 Major Richard Harrison was sheriff of Queen Anne's County
In 1777 Turbitt Wright was in the Senate of Maryland from Queen Anne's County
In 1835 a license was granted to R.H.Gardner to retail merchandise at Sharptown, Kent Island
In 1801 Robert Wright of Queen Anne's county was in the United States Senate from Maryland.
Thomas H. Nicholson who for many years had been Clerk of the Senate was in October 1835 appointed Secretary of the State of Maryland
In 1841 Thomas Wright the third of Queen Anne's County was appointed the Secretary of the State.